In view of the on-going situation with the COVID-19 pandemic and caveats contained within the Government’s Roadmap, we have taken the difficult decision – for the second year running – to conduct our AGM as a closed meeting on Thursday 15 July 2021, which means members will be unable to attend.
To ensure the AGM is legitimate and complies with the Society’s Rules and statutory obligations, proceedings will primarily be conducted virtually - via an online webinar platform - with the required quorum of participants based in separate locations.
A video of the proceedings, as well as the results of the AGM, text versions of the speeches and responses to your questions will be published on our website on Monday 19 July 2021
The Society’s Rules are our main constitutional document and set out the principles and basis on which the Society is governed including the requirements for and how members’ meetings are held.
We are proposing to update the rules:
• to allow members’ meetings to be held electronically and/or in more than one physical location;
• to clarify the procedures for adjourned meetings;
• to clarify the quorum requirements for meetings;
• to improve the requirements regarding giving notice of meetings in the event of disruption to postal services; and
• to reflect the requirements of The Mental Health (Discrimination) Act 2013.
There are also some re-numbering and minor typographical changes to make to the rules.